Something I love to have occasionally when out to eat is french fries however it’s rare that I even go out to eat, or to a place that serves them. Another detail is that I rarely eat fried food which is why I chose to make these delicious baked french fries. Be sure to follow the directions so that they’re extra crunchy!
2 russet potatoes
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8-1/4 tsp black pepper
Dash cajun seasoning such as old bay (optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1. Peel and slice your potatoes into strips to create your fries. As you cut them, add them to water and let soak for 15-20 minutes. This will help to remove excess starch to truly make them crunchy!
2. Pat dry and add the above ingredients into a bowl (be sure to let the corn starch dissolve into the oil of choice) & toss the potatoes.
3. Prepare your pan with a non stick mat or foil. If you have a wire rack that fits into your pan you can use this to to help the heat circulate around the fries for additional crunch.
4. After fully coating the fries add them to the pan and cook at 425 for 20 minutes. Broil for 3-5. Your pan MAY smoke at this point due to the amount of oil so I suggest no more than 3 if your oven runs HOT.
5. Remove from the oven and place fries on a paper towel or wire rack to remove excess oil.