We're sharing our delicious #epicmatcha spirulina minty chip nice cream! Click the link below to get the 'scoop' & hookup on @epicmatcha! #Ad
When I was little I grew up eating mint chocolate chip ice cream as my favorite dessert. I was never one to over-indulge in cake or cookies. My go-to dessert was mint chocolate chip, however I wouldn't consume it if it was white. It had to be green.
That is obviously still the case as an adult, however with much of my eating habits changing (and some staying quite the same) I've adapted my diet to my needs. I rarely consume dairy anymore, and I often eat a vegan meal, one that is rich in vitamins and minerals and void of artificial or heavily processed ingredients such as white refined sugar.
Although most people trick their mind into thinking because i'm making better choices for my system by eating a date or a banana as the source of sugar in the dish, it's still sugar and I advise you to eat this in moderation because trust me, it's that good that you'll want to over-indulge.
I posted a recipe very similar to this last year without the addition of spirulina or mint extract and people went crazy (for good reasons.) Now, I'm sharing it with all of you. Enjoy, eat, and drink #epicmatcha.
- 1 tsp #epicmatcha
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 water
- 1 bunch fresh organic mint (stems only)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Soak your dates in filtered water for 20-30 minutes. Remove the seeds prior to soaking.
- Remove the liquid after soaking and combine all of your ingredients except the chocolate chips in your high-speed blender. If you do not have a high-speed blender this may be a bit more challenging. In order for the cashews and dates to truly become a puree you will need to soak them overnight.
- Taste test the mixture and combine into an ice cream maker for approx. 30 minutes or until the mixture forms into an ice cream consistency. Slowly add in chocolate chips or wait until the mixture consistency is made to blend in the chips.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker combine the mixture without chocolate chips in your freezer until almost fully hardened. Once it starts to form, add chocolate chips to it. If you add the chips to the mixture all of them will sink to the base, therefore wait a few minutes until an ice cream consistency has formed.
Because this is not the classical way to make ice cream (sugar to fat ratio nor the incorporation of air is exact) it will need a few minutes to soften before scooping. Take the mixture out for a few minutes prior to enjoying.
Eat, Enjoy, & Tag us if you enjoyed it!